Are you interested in learning the details and requirements for this program? Read the information provided on this site and take the 1st step by registering for a “required” Program Information Session. Start exploring a new career by making a selection below.
Would You Like A Rewarding Career In One of The Fastest Growing Healthcare Occupations? Medical Assistants play a vital role in the medical field, make a difference in the lives of others and earn between $16 – $20 per hour. This 27-week job training program is offered at no cost to eligible students so you can focus simply on learning and earning your certifications. Classes begin April 30, 2021.
- A weekly $25 stipend.
- A Chromebook computer.
- Technical, academic and coaching support.
- Externship opportunity and placement assistance upon completion.
Participants earn the following industry-recognized certifications:
- CCMA, Certified Clinal Medical Assistant
- CMAA, Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- CSP, Customer Service Professional
What Do Medical Assistants Do?
Certified Clinical Medical Assistants are multi-skilled allied healthcare professionals who may administer medications, assist with minor procedures, record vital signs, take medical histories, prepare patients and rooms for examinations, handle laboratory specimens, provide patient education and much more. Because of the specialized skill set and knowledge, you could find yourself working in clinics, physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient facilities and specialists’ offices across the country. Register for a Information Session to learn more.
- Understand basic human anatomy and utilize medical terminology and responsible communication in the healthcare facility
- Comply with HIPAA/HITECH, OSHA and CMS and other healthcare regulations and laws as they apply to patient information
- Comprehend the use of Diagnosis and Procedure codes and employ Electronic Health Records and related Practice Management
- Recognize the importance of infection control and environmental safety in general, specialty and surgical practices
- Gain an understanding of the laboratory, specimen collection techniques, cardiopulmonary testing, pharmacology and medication administration
- Administer medications and assist with minor procedures
- Record vital signs, take medical histories and prepare patients and rooms for examinations
- Handle laboratory specimens and provide patient education
Work In A Variety of Settings
Because of the specialized skill set and knowledge, you could find yourself working in clinics, physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient facilities and specialists’ offices across the country.
Certified Medical Assistants Are Highly Valued
A Certified Medical Assistant is a valuable part of the healthcare team, providing patient care under the supervision of a physician and other licensed healthcare providers. Our Medical assistant training not only allows you to learn how to provide clinical care but also learn how to complete medical administrative tasks.
Certification Training Includes Four Areas of Concentration
Our robust online Medical Assistant program includes four courses to complete your Certified Clinical Medical Assistant training: Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology, Customer Service Professional, Clinical Medical Assisting and Medical Office Procedures and Administration. These courses will offer you the medical knowledge, front and back-office skills and bedside manner to properly and effectively help patients.
Complete the Training, Pass the Exams, Get Certified
Upon completion of your medical assistant training program, you are eligible for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exams, issued by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), and the Customer Service Certified credential, issued by the Professional Association for Customer Engagement (PACE). MedCerts covers the cost of all exams.
Enjoy Many Options For New Career Opportunities
Potential new career opportunities include Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, Chiropractor Assistant, Clinical Assistant, Doctor’s Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Ophthalmic Technician, Optometric Assistant, Optometric Technician and more!REGISTER FOR AN INFORMATION SESSION
PLEASE NOTE: In partnership with MedCerts, this program is provided at no-cost with the help of federal funding. To participate in training, students must be registered with their local American Job (employment) Center and eligible to receive WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunities Act) program benefits. These benefits help remove financial barriers for adult job seekers to obtain new skills and credentials in high-demand careers. Goodwill and MedCerts can provide support to assist with the process. Regretfully, District of Columbia residents are NOT able to participate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude of reading comprehension equal to or greater than 9th grade.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
- Age 18 years or older.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Able to pass a drug screening and industry aligned background screen.
- Possess two forms of government issued identification.
Program Sponsors and Cost
This job training program is in partnership with Goodwill of Greater Washington, MedCerts and Employ Prince George’s. These partnerships provide the opportunity to offer the job training program at no cost to students. Applicants must be able to obtain documentation and be approved for specific Federal benefits. Goodwill will assist you with this process. Documentation includes: Prince Georges County or Virginia residency, proof of income and education transcripts or diploma.
MedCerts is an online school specializing in healthcare programs taught by certified instructors and mentors. They will provide the instruction online via Zoom.