The coronavirus pandemic has changed the world we live in. As we begin to reopen our stores and donation centers we want to ensure you that keeping our associates, shoppers and donors safe is our top priority. In order to do so, we’ve made a lot of changes to our store operations, shopping procedures and safety protocols. Here are some changes you may notice as you shop and donate at Goodwill.
What We’re Asking of You
- Shoppers in Virginia, age 5 and above, are required to wear masks at all times.
- Shoppers in Maryland and DC, age 2 and above, are required to wear masks at all times.
- The number of shoppers permitted in the store at any given time has been reduced to ensure proper social distancing.
- The number of shoppers per household is limited to 2 at a time.
- Six feet social distancing markers are located outside of our stores for those that may be waiting to enter due to occupancy restrictions.
- Six foot social distancing markers are located near our cash registers for those waiting to make a purchase.
- Decals have been placed in each aisle to designate one way traffic flow.
- Our fitting rooms are temporarily closed.
- Our water fountains are temporarily closed or disabled.
- All sales are final. Defective electronics with receipt and original price tags attached may be returned to the store where it was purchased within 7 days for store credit. No refunds.
What You Can Expect From Us
- All stores have been deep cleaned.
- Our team members are required to wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Lucite sneeze guards have been installed at each register.
- A greeter will disinfect our shopping carts and count customers in and out to ensure we maintain current occupancy caps.
- We continue to accept your donations via touch free donating at all attended donation centers.
- Our team members have completed safety training.
- Our associates are required to have their temperatures checked before entering the store and if a team member’s temperature exceeds CDC guidelines, they are immediately sent home.
If you have any questions about our new safety protocols, please email us at email@example.com. We appreciate your support!