- How do I obtain a refund for my product?
All sales are final. We issue refunds only in the following instances:
- You did not receive your product.
- You did not receive the exact product you ordered.
- Your product was received in significantly lesser condition than was described.
Contact us if you require a refund for one of the reasons listed above. If you received your product, you may be required to return it to us before a refund is issued.
- How long does it take to get a refund?
Generally, refunds can take up to two weeks to process. All refunds have to be verified for authenticity and must be submitted to our accounting department for processing.
- I received a product different from the one I ordered.
Contact us to start the refund process. Please be sure to describe the situation in as much detail as possible.
- My product was not in the condition as described in the listing. What do I do?
Almost all of our products are donated to Goodwill of Greater Washington and in used condition. Before our products are listed online, they go through a cursory examination and are classified according to the condition of the product at the time it was listed. Following are the criteria that we use to list our products:
- New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition. Suitable for gifts or resale.
- Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes, highlights, signatures or folds of any kind. Suitable for presenting as a gift, or for resale.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in great condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by significant notes or highlighting. May contain signatures. The spine remains undamaged. Dust cover included, if applicable. Clean and presentable condition. No indications of mold, mildew or moisture.
- Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (including dust cover, if applicable). The spine may show signs of wear. Pages may include limited notes, signatures and/or highlighting, and the copy may include library marks or endicia. May have been exposed to slight moisture, but no mold, mildew or water stains evident.
- Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). May contain substantial highlighting or handwriting, but nothing that will affect readability. May show some wear to spine, cover or pages. Supplemental material, such as a CD or separate addendum, may not be included. May have some slight moisture damage, but no mold or mildew or anything that will affect readability.
While we make every effort to describe the condition of products accurately, occasionally a product may be in a lesser condition than described. Products may also suffer some deterioration of condition during shipping. If you are dissatisfied with the condition of your product, contact us.
- When will my package arrive?
We ship most of our products using the US Postal Service’s Media Mail. Expedited products are sent using either Priority Mail or First Class Mail. We use First Class Mail International for products shipped internationally. Products ordered Sunday-Thursday are shipped within 24-48 hours of your order. Products ordered on Friday and Saturday are not shipped until the following Monday. The average delivery time from the time the product is shipped is listed below:
- Media Mail 2-8 days
- Priority Mail 1-3 days
- First Class Mail 1-3 days
- First Class Mail International varies
While these are average delivery times, delivery can take longer if the Postal Service has heavy volume, if the Postal Service has trouble verifying your address, or other issues. Therefore please allow up to three weeks for your product to arrive. If your product has not arrived within this time, please contact us.
- I have a delivery confirmation number, but when I try to look up the delivery status of my package, I get the following message:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on [date] to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. What does this mean?
This means that Goodwill has generated and paid for a postal label for your product, which indicates that your package was processed by Goodwill on the date shown in the message. Packages are presented to the USPS either on that date or the next business day. Once the package arrives at your destination, the package status information is updated with the actual delivery date and destination zip code. Note that delivery confirmation numbers are not tracking numbers (like those used by UPS, FedEx, and USPS Express Mail). Therefore the Postal Service does not consistently scan or track the package while it is on route, but only provides the date and time that it was delivered (there are some exceptions, but generally, this is true). Therefore you are likely to see this message until your package is actually delivered. If your package has not arrived within three weeks, this could also mean that the package label was generated, but the package was never presented to the Postal Service. It may also mean that the package was lost in transit, or it is being held up by the Postal Service for some other reason. We advise the following:
- Check first with your mail carrier or Post Office to see if they can find out what happened to the package. Please note that we have no additional information about the status of your package once it is presented to the Postal Service.
- If your mail carrier or Post Office is not able to locate the package, contact us.
- How do I change my shipping address?
You will need to submit your change of address to the site (Amazon.com, Alibris.com, Half.com or eBay.com) where you placed your order. If you have already placed an order and want the address changed after the order is placed, you will need to cancel the order, update your address on the site, and then resubmit your order. For security reasons, and to help protect you from credit card fraud, we cannot send items to addresses other than those provided to us by the site, and we cannot change addresses on the order after the order is placed.
- Is local pickup available for products listed on Amazon.com, Alibris.com, Half.com or eBay.com?
Sorry, we do not offer local pickup of our products.
- Do you offer international shipping?
Sorry, at this time we do not offer international shipping.
Search DC Goodwill