We are building a community where people are empowered to achieve their fullest potential and RISE to their highest level of personal success.
Goodwill Core Values – R.I.S.E
At Goodwill of Greater Washington, WE BELIEVE…
- Diversity of individuals must be celebrated.
- Our core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE) are achievable when we intentionally champion inclusion and foster a civil workplace.
- These principles extend to the businesses we align ourselves with and the community we serve.
- We can RISE together and achieve our highest level of personal success only when everyone is provided with the necessary resources in a non-discriminatory, equitable, open-minded, and multi-cultural environment.
We believe ideas and differences are welcomed here and are rights for all that can only be achieved together. We are Goodwill.
Transform Your Future And Make A Difference
With a career at Goodwill, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the challenging, yet rewarding retail and donated goods industry. Combined with Goodwill’s commitment to career training and growth, every day on the job at Goodwill makes a positive, measurable, and sustainable impact on our community, You’ll feel good knowing that 91 cents out of every dollar we earn is funneled back into our mission to provide free job training, education, and supportive services to people with barriers to employment.
At Goodwill, Our Family Cares About Your Family
We offer a generous benefits package, competitive compensation, and a personal coach to help you design and manage your career plan. We offer an inclusive culture that celebrates our team members and encourages their success. Our goal is your happiness.
Forbes Ranks Goodwill as One of the 25 Most Inspiring Organizations in America
- Competitive management salaries
- Career growth opportunities
- Professional development
- Strong organizational culture
- Medical and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Caring Fund (Employee Emergency Financial Assistance)
- Employee Connect/EAP (family resource provider)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental Leave: Paid time off for birth, adoption and foster care placement
- Short and long term disability
- Generous employee discount
- No Inventory or overnights
- Sustainable business model
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Applicants and employees of Goodwill of Greater Washington are protected under federal law from discrimination on several bases.
Goodwill participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON NEVER MAKES JOB OFFERS WITHOUT A FACE-TO-FACE INTERVIEW. ADDITIONALLY, WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR BANKING INFORMATION EXCEPT IN PERSON AT OUR NEW HIRE ORIENTATION. BEWARE OF PHISHING EMAILS REQUESTING YOUR BANK INFORMATION OR FROM A NON-DCGOODWILL.ORG ACCOUNT. IF ANYONE CALLS YOU OR SENDS YOU AN EMAIL FROM GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON ASKING FOR BANKING INFORMATION CALL JUDY ADAMS AT (202) 719-1224.