Terms & Conditions
All materials contained on this web site are Copyright ©2014 Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) or are licensed or otherwise published by GGW with the permission of the owner of the material. All rights in such materials are reserved to the respective owners.
The materials posted on this site may be retrieved and downloaded solely for not-for-profit or educational purposes (“Authorized Uses”), provided that such Authorized Uses do not include posting, publication, transmission, or dissemination of such materials in digital or electronic form by means of the World Wide Web, e-mail, online services or any other medium now existing or hereafter developed, or the making of more than thirty (30) printed copies.
No materials contained on this web site may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast, or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of GGW. Any reproduction permitted under this User Agreement must contain the following notice: “Copyright ©2014 Goodwill of Greater Washington. All rights reserved.”
The information contained on this web site, or any other web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by GGW, as well as the design and layout of such web sites, contains elements protected by trade dress, copyright, or other laws, and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No text, logo, graphic, sound, or image from this web site may be copied, except in connection with the Authorized Uses described above, or retransmitted without the express written permission of GGW.
In exchange for your agreement to the terms and conditions herein, we are granting you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable license for you to view, share, print or download material from the GGW Site for your personal, non-for-profit or educational purposes (“Authorized Uses”). You are expressly not granted the right to license, distribute, assign, sublicense, transfer, sell, prepare derivative works of or utilize any materials found on the GGW Site for commercial purposes. You may not access or use the GGW Site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the GGW Site, or any server or network underlying the GGW Site, or interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You are also granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Site and any content on the Site so long as the link does not portray GGW, or its products or services in a clearly false or misleading manner, or (for links that are not part of a consumer review) a derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner or imply a sponsorship or endorsement of your site, page or content by GGW.
Acceptable Uses of the Site
You may not engage in, encourage, promote, facilitate, instruct or encourage others to engage in any of the following activities:
- in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, or reverse engineer, derive source code from, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of, the Site, except to the extent required by applicable law;
- remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, logo, or other proprietary notices in or on the Site;
- intercept, “mine,” extract data from, or otherwise collect information from or through the Site, including without limitation by using any software, robot, scraper, or other data mining technology, unless authorized in writing by GGW in its sole discretion;
- sell, rent, lease, sublicense, assign, transfer, or grant a security interest in your rights in the Site, or authorize all or any portion of the Site to be copied onto another user’s computer except as permitted hereunder;
- intercept, emulate, or redirect the communication protocols used by the Site in any way, for any purpose, or engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site or GGW’ or its vendors’ servers or other infrastructure;
- facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Site, including without limitation: (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, GGW’s or its vendors’ servers; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not approved by GGW in its sole discretion;
- frame, mask, extract data from, copy or distribute the Site’s content or proprietary materials, including without limitation by using any robot, scraper, or other data mining technology;
- upload or transmit to the Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site, or use any device, software or routine that contains any malicious code, virus, Trojan horses, worm, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may interfere, or attempt to interfere with, the normal operation of Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site;
- corrupt, damage, steal, or access or use without authorization, any information stored, processed or transmitted by the Site or any servers, computer or networks connected to or accessible via the Site; or
- use the Site for illegal purposes or to violate any laws, regulations or legal orders, or to engage in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive practices or activities.
GGW MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS.”
GGW MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THE SITE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER FORMS OF HARMFUL COMPUTER CODE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GGW, ITS EMPLOYEES, ITS AGENTS, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THESE PAGES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE.
Links to external web sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials disseminated at those web sites, nor does the existence of a link to another site imply that the organization or person publishing at that site endorses any of the materials at this site. Links to other web sites are provided by GGW as a convenience to its users. GGW is not responsible for the materials contained at any web site linked to this site.
GGW also reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this Agreement or any unlawful, fraudulent or suspicious activity, and any such violation or activity may be referred to law enforcement authorities.
This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may end this legal agreement with GGW at any time for any reason by discontinuing your use of the Site and GGW’s services. GGW may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason not prohibited by law, with or without notice to you. Upon termination for any reason, the license granted to you in Section 1 will immediately terminate. Excluding any grant of rights by You to GGW, the provisions of this Agreement will survive any termination.
Web Accessibility Policy
GGW seeks to keep its Site accessible to all visitors. The standards we currently implement in this area are detailed in our Web Accessibility Policy.
User Submissions, Comments, Feedback, Social Networking
We encourage your comment and feedback on the GGW Site, our services and operations. To foster this dialog with you we provide a form page and contact us information, and may, but are not obligated to, offer various discussion forums, blogging efforts, tie-ins to social media services (such as Twitter, Facebook etc.) and other such options for your submissions of Content (collectively “Interactive Services”). For purpose of this agreement any text, graphics, images, videos, photos or other information materials you publicly post, upload to the Site or cause to appear on the Interactive Services shall collectively be referred to as “Content”. You retain your rights to any Content you submit or post through the Interactive Services. By submitting or posting Content to our Site, Interactive Services or to us, you grant us a worldwide, unrestricted, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license to use, copy, distribute, perform, translate, host, store, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute all or a portion of such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You are responsible for your use of these Interactive Services, for any of your Content and any consequences resulting from your Content. Any of your Content may be accessible by other users of the Interactive Services. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms. GGW does not endorse, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted on the Site or Interactive Services. You understand that by using the Site and Interactive Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases mislabeled. Under no circumstances will GGW be liable for any Content in any way or any loss or damages of any kind that result from your use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site or Interactive Services.
Any suggestions, communications or comments you transmit or submit directly to GGW may be (a) treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by GGW and (b) used without restriction by GGW licensees and affiliates without any obligation, compensation or other liability to you. Such uses may be for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, training, reproduction, publication, broadcast and posting in whole or in part, in any medium and in any manner, now known or later developed, on this Site or otherwise. And while GGW will in good faith attempt to respond to any of your questions we are under no obligation to respond to any such communications.