Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) respects the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. GGW responds to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law. You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing GGW’s copyright agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further details):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interests;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Upon receipt of the notice, GGW will respond expeditiously and take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site. GGW reserves the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and terminate accounts of repeat infringers.
GGW’s designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement on the Site is:
Goodwill of Greater Washington
1140 3rd Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002